Friday, September 23, 2005

Becoming a single issue voter

I have decided to give up on political parties. Never much cared for the Republican party, and I can't say I'm too impressed with the Democrats either. As of today, I hereby agree to cast my vote for whomever actually does the most to correct Global Warming and it's related problems. I don't give a flying fuck if the candidate is a member of the Nazi party if they do something to first slow, then stop, then reverse the Big Heat Up.

People have been predicting global warming since I was 10. People said it would never happen.

Then, data came along that said in fact it was happening. That data was claimed to be false. "Hysterical doomsday predictions by enviromental extremists".

Now, it is pretty accepted that the world's temperature has risen 1 degree in the last 50 years. Nobody really seems to argue that it is true anymore. How can you argue with a world full of thermometers? But they still refuse to believe it has anything to do with global warming. "Temperature changes are normal. We could just be in a natural upswing".

The number and strength of hurricaines has been increasing till we are all now versed in the lingo of category 1-5 and for the first time ever we may run out of names for them. This is natural consequence of higher global temeratures. I listened on the news last night to hear a meterologist claim that the hurricaine activity was the same. "The apparent increase is probably just a reflection of increased accuracy in measurement."


Clearly, common sense, scientific evidence and a few other things are not going to carry this day. My vote goes to the Global Cooling party because in 50 years, I want to be able to tell my grandchildren that I did everything I could.

I hope to God I'm just not telling them from the underground complex that is our new home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Becareful what you wish for. Nuclear winter would go a long way towards reversing global warming...

However, I'd fully support "F-- Fossil Fuels" as an initiative. We have all this cool technology at our fingertips, let's do something with it. "But it's not cost effective yet." Yeah, because it's not mainstream. Nothing gets cheap until everyone starts doing it; classic chicken and egg. Remember what PCs used to cost?

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home