Friday, September 09, 2005

Week 5 - 3.4 lbs

Good week. For the first time, I am starting to feel different. More accurately, I am feeling like I look different. Not only am I more comfortable in clothes but also I actually look thinner (Not that I'm vain or ever notice anything about my appearance). In 7 more lbs I would reach my fist big goal which is to get to 10% of body weight lost, a total of 21 lbs.

I was thinking of hankering down and trying to make this in two weeks, but I have noticed an interesting trend in my two big prior weight loss efforts. I do great for 6 weeks and then fall off the wagon hard. One time I recovered; one time I did not. As such, I think I'm going to take it easy. Much more important is that I continue to lose any weight for the next few weeks.

Big run seems to have been the turning point on the Blues. I have been feeling much better since Tues. Coincidence? Maybe.

Lessons Learned in Week 5

1) One can get sick of popcorn if one eats a bag of it every day for 5 weeks

2) Whole wheat pasta tates essentially like regular pasta (and is allowable on the diet)

3) If you eat a humongo size bowl of whole wheat pasta, you will gain 2 lbs even though it is alowable on the diet.

4) It is possible to eat only one small piece of birthday cake at your 7 year old's birthday party

WWW: 197.2
HSW: 191.5
NPL: -14

5 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Don, I seem to be putting on the weight you're losing. Would it be OK if I direct it on to a third party?

Thanks for the title to your last post. It inspired me to write a song (which is almost finished).

5:14 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

Six weeks marks the end of the "honeymoon" phase. I recommend making the activity of the next week slightly less intense than the last few weeks (taper), then test yourself this weekend (5k run maybe?). This will be your benchmark. Next week start your next three week cycle. In six weeks (2 more cycles), do another taper and test again. Reward positive results with good things!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Sancho Pawnza said...

Hey there Don!
Glad to see you back on your earlier plan.
If you keep attacking this with the same determination you exhibited in your last endeavor, I have no doubts that you will succeed!

I could stand to lose a few pounds myself, want me to join up with you again? I could start up a blog called [Sancho "Asno gordo" Pawnza] or Sancho "Fat Ass" Pawnza.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

The Round Knights Of The Dining Table.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Sancho,

come on in; the water's fine.

Tell me the link and we'll think up a name.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home