Sunday, September 04, 2005

Pop Goes the Quadricep

Walked onto the soccer field yesterday, and boy was I ready. Had eaten a few hours earlier so I wouldn't be too hungry or full; brought a jug of water with ice; donned my new cleats. Took two steps and that was all she wrote. My quad folded like a pup tent. Felt like someone had just jammed an ice pick in it. Came home. Limped around all night. Thought I was done for a couple of weeks, but it is only sore today.

Went out for a very light jog today, and it held up just fine. I just hadda in order to complete my fourth run of the week and thereby extend my streak to 3 consecutive weeks. {Crowd goes wild}

Hope my quad behaves it so I can play next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Your entering a whole new realm of "Advice from Joel." Warm-up and stretching routines for the weekend warrior!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

You're...

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home