Friday, August 12, 2005

Week One -6.4 lbs

Went to my second meeting this week -- I lost 6.4 pounds! Very good. I even got a little bookmark and a round of applause from the assembled ladies at the meeting. For those pratcising logic at home, this does not mean that the men did not clap; it means I was the only man.

I am well pleased with the program. The diet regimen has wiggle room but keeps you to task. I think the GDW3P factor however is not as dramatic as with the running program. This deceased significantly with running in week one even if weight loss didn't. GW3P is down a fair amount but not as much.

How tall am I?
I have been looking at the BMI charts, and I honestly don't know how tall I am. I always say 5'10" and a half because that's how tall my Dad was when I was a kid. I need to find out because it makes a difference on the chart as to what my "normal" weight is. And make no mistake -- I want to settle for the highest normal weight I can. 5'10 = 174 lbs. 5'11 = 178.

Discoveries in week one:

1) White rice is not nearly as healthy a food as I had thought.
2) A pint of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby is 28 points and could be eaten once per week while staying on the program. (This information filled away for later use).
3) There is at least one fairly decent light beer in the world -- Dab.
4) It is hard to keep track of points after your third glass of white wine.
5) At 211, I was officially obese if I am 5'10". At 204.8, I am obese only if I shrink to 5'9".
6) "Puffins" cereal is not a core food. Costs 1 point.

HSW: 199
WWW: 204.8

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

For what it's worth, remember we all struggle with something (and those who don't are struggling with denial). Support can come from someone with a different problem, but a similar goal.

Personally I find myself walking out of the house naked quite a bit.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home