Thursday, March 31, 2005

A Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese per Day

Woke up a half hour before the alarm for the second day in a row. This is a good sign that I am catching up on my sleep. If I get so caught up that the circles under my eyes go away, I think I can declare victory. Ultimately, I'd like to get up early enough to do my daily run before work. Since I get to work at 6:45 AM, I'd have to get up really friggin' early. To add to the challenge, the Empress is a very light sleeper. If the alarm goes off early in the AM, she has trouble getting back to sleep. As such, I need to be able to just wake up at 0 dark thirty. Few weeks off yet, I think.

Weight loss seems to be at a standstill. I have a few theories about this:

1) The Universe is essentially an unjust place and is actively scheming againist me.

2) The "Diet Industry" does not want me to succeed in my quest to lose weight with exercise and is sneaking lard into my herbal tea.

3) My metabolism has slowed down without the prompting of caffeine. It has not adjusted as of yet.

4) Shit happens. Keep running.

5) "Muscle weighs more than fat so your increase in muscle ... Ahhhhhhhhh! ... splat! (i.e. sound of smug dietician de-accelerating on pavement beneath 100 story building)"

I am definitely slimming down a bit. I judge this from the highly precise measurement of GDCBWWP (i.e. General Discomfort Caused By Wearing Work Pants). GDCBWWP is way down, but the weight is holding steady at 202.5. Whatever.

I did some research yesterday and discovered that I am burning between 750-850 calories every night when I go running (depends which diet goober you believe). I also discovered that a McDonald's double quarter pounder with cheese has 730 calories. In short, I am running off a double quarter pounder with cheese every night. This was strangely comforting.

11 days down, 89 to go
Weight: 202.5
Resting Pulse: 64

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home