Sunday, March 20, 2005

Day 0

(cue Harry Belafonte)

Yesterday was Day 0. Sort of the Fat Tuesday of my exercise Lent. I tried to work in everything that I am giving up. Naturally I did not go jogging. Had a nice, lazy day punctuated by a trip to the local Burger & Fries joint for an absolutely humongo double cheesburger. God forgive me; I do love cheeseburgers. Had a few beers last night to wash down the pint of Ben & Jerry's "Chubby Hubby". Had my last pot of coffee for a while yesterday morning.

So here's the plan:

1) 100 consecutive days of exercising for an hour or more. To be counted as exercise, my heart rate will have to exceed 125 beats/min. A semi-brisk walk should be enough to accomplish this. At least once/week, the exercise will have to be totally non-aerobic. I'm thinking yoga/stretching, but I might even have to toss this idea depending on how muscles are recovering.

2) Cut out the bad stuff of diet -- no caffeine, no alcohol, and no refined sugars. In addition, I'm cutting out hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries. The diet is more a cleansing thing than a weight loss thing.

Obviously, my goal is to lose weight, but I'm not going to push that so much. I want to see how far I get with exercise and modest diet concessions.

Weight: 204.5 (Yee-haw!)
Waist: 41.5
Resting Pulse: 62
Days to go: 100

3 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

What unit of weight is used in th USA?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

pounds. 204.5 kilograms would have been pretty impressive though, huh?

4:37 AM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Don't play with my feet! English speaking countries use strange units like English pounds, LBS, stones, degree Fahrenheit, miles, inches and the like. Don't you express velocity in furlongs per fortnight?

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home