Monday, March 21, 2005

Day 2 -- The caffeine withdraws

I have always had a special relationship with caffeine. As a youngster, I drank a lot of diet soda. As a college student I drank a whole lot of diet soda, but in my early 20's I discovered the joys of coffee. I like coffee, and though I could be wrong, I believe coffee has a special fondness for me. One thing that takes a bite out of the drudge of every day's trip to work is that first cup of steaming java. The second cup not so much, and actually it goes downhill from there.

So, I stopped all caffeine intake yesterday. I have done this before, so I know what to expect. Yesterday was fine as it always is. Takes a while for the caffeine to withdraw. Today I have a mild headache which might get nasty by midweek. I will feel sluggish most of the week and every five minutes will think "Sheesh I'm tired; I need some coffee". On prior coffeee fasts, I have even found myself walking towards the coffee pot before I caught myself. The worst it has ever been is when my hamstrings and eventually my back muscles tightened up from withdrawl. I don't think the caffeine has its hooks into to me so deep anymore, but we'll see.

Slept like the dead last night -- 10 hours. I'd like to say I woke up refreshed and ready to go, but I was oddly tired. I'd better go get some coffee ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home