Monday, August 15, 2005

Fat AND Short guy

Took the official measurement over the weekend --> 5'10.25". It's 174 as a goal weight for me. Oh well.

The weekend was not exactly a dieting success, though not a complete failure. Friday was a friend's 50th birthday party. It was a catered, no choice meal with 487 small courses. Rather than pass on everything and basically be a party pooper, I just went along with it. I think I used up all my points and then some. I did manage to pass on the birthday cake. Saturday and Sun were back to the diet. I was going to go with the strategy that I just was out of points, but well ... I didn't. I did manage to stay pretty reasonable. In an effort to do some penance, I went for an hour long run last night. (Needed to get out the noodgies too).

Net result is that my weight is about what it was last Thurs. All things considered, I'll take it. I'll try to be good until Thurs and maybe I can lose 2-3 pounds. All in all, a successful failure.

Insomnia
Seem to be having trouble getting to sleep over the past week. Nothing too major. I usually sleep about 8 hours a night and 10-12 on one weekend night. Past few nights I just haven't been tired and haven't been able to get to sleep before midnight or later. Possible causes:

1) Less food makes caffeine effect more intense
2) Dieting is interfering with sleeping somehow
3) Too goddam hot to sleeep in August
4) Perhaps just finally rested and needing less sleep
5) Solar flares & Elvis
6) One of those things that just happens from time to time.
7) My prior chesseburger lifestyle was gastronomically exhasting and required more sleep

I'll see what develops in the next few days.

Arrogant Bastard Ale
The debate over the caloric content of Arrogant Bastard ale has been resolved. It is 380 calories for a 24 Oz bottle making it 8 points. Another piece of useful information to be stored away for future use.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Glickman said...

Wow! What did you do to deserve all this comment spam?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Assuming it was a one-timer. If not I may take more dratic measures. well done on making it up into the ranks of Expert again!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home