Saturday, April 15, 2006

Week 36 --Lord Chubalot (-4.2)

It was a double witching day. At 10:30 AM, I weighed in at my local weight watchers meeting. The receiptionist saw my weight and asked whether or not there was anything I could take off. Assuming her question was weight-related rather than a proposition, I removed my shirt and she pronounced me at goal weight. (She also stuck a fiver in my running shorts). It was solid dieting week, but the last two pounds can be attributed to the fact that my work clothes weigh 2 lbs more than running shorts.

Came home and ran for an hour thus completing run number 40. I'll be real glad not to have to run anymore for a while. Kinda of beat up and pretty sick of it.

I started this journey in March 2005 with a trip to my favorite burger and fries joint. This afternoon I celebrated reaching goal the same place. It was pretty good but not as good as I remember.

I'm done losing weight for a while, probably forever, but will keep posting about the journey of keeping the weight here. I've been here before three times, and I know it is easy to slide back up to 210 lbs. So long as I continue to maintian my estate, I remain ...

Lord Chubalot

Weight: 177.0
Net Pounds Lost: -34.2
Pounds till goal: 0.0

10 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

And there was much rejoicing!!!!! Today I shall toast thee, my Lord, and tomorrow as I journey through the streets outside of Boston, you shall be on my mind (as you would have anyway), and my mind shall be lighter! ;-)

And yet I have one question, "What hast thou learned this time, that thou hadst not before?"

5:15 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Make my failures successful!

I didn't lose 34 lbs; I lost 49. I gained 15 in there along the way as well. The difference between success and failure was not that I never went off the diet but that I didn't just throw in the towel when I failed.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Oh yeah. Good luck at Boston! Hope you can nail the sub 3:05 and put yourself in position for a shot at sub 3:04.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Sancho Pawnza said...

Way to go Lord Chubalot!!

4:29 PM  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

Much congratulations Lord (no longer) Chubalot. You have won many battles and apparently the war, but the enemy has signed no peace treaty. Keep your armor at all times ready. The enemy is incidious and often comes with a smile.

On the other hand, a toast with an adult beverage of your choice, would certainly be well deserved.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Muchly Congratulations! A true inspiration to us all!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Congratulations sir!

PS

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You think 210 lbs is heavy?

Sheesh, if I weighed that little I think the doctors would check me for some incurable disease. . .
[grin]

Congrats! Glad you reached your goal!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Thought you were a martial arts wonk, J'Adoube?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Calvin said...

good job!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home