Friday, March 10, 2006

Week 31 -0.5

This is unofficial as I haven't had time to go to weight watchers. I'm playing Mr. Mom this week, so it's all I can do to keep up with the hour of exercise a day. The exercise is going great. The first couple of days my knees hurt, but that has slacked off. Did a little cross training and things are much better. Running a little over 5 miles a day for 8 straight days, one would think would take off a little more 40 FUCKING MILES IN EIGHT DAYS AND ALL I LOST IS A HALF A GODDDAMM POUND. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME. I COULD HAVE SAT ON MY BIG FAT ASS FOR 8 DAYS, SKIPPED AN APPLE AND LOST HALF A SHAGGING POUND. THE NEXT PERSON WHO TELLS ME THAT MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT IS GETTING THEIR GODDAMM HEAD SHOVED UP THEIR ASS weight, but hey that's the breaks.

I'm in it for the long haul and in no hurry. Can't wait till next week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I think maybe you're just retaining water.

Ladies, feel free to respond.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Sometimes your body just wants to be a bitch. I remember a couple of weeks when it seemed like all I ate was a saltine cracker every day and I lost like one pound at the end of two weeks and I was exercising too.

The worst thing you can do is get psyched out, since if you eat more and then gain weight, it is compunding the problem. Keep chipping away at the stone!

9:17 PM  
Blogger fjl said...

Don't freak too soon. I often find that what I eat and treat my body to pays me back two or three weeks later. In afew days time, it'll start to kick in. In two weeks, diet efforts will be very easy. The last haul is like the first haul. Stay With It.

1:48 PM  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

What worked for me when I got rid of 65+ pounds was to focus on my behavior and let the pounds take care of themselves. I went for 6 highly disciplined weeks in which I got rid of a fraction of a pound each week. I tracked it down to a side effect of some pain meds I was taking. I discontinued the meds + the weight loss got on track. I'm not suggesting a "cause" of your smaller-than-expected weight loss, just an attitude that worked for me (and which I finally have gotten back as I tackle the regain).

11:35 PM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Dramatics aside, I think the answer lies in my body freaking out about the regimen. The first time I did tried the hour a day trick I actually gained weight for a few days. Some of this is probably water retention; some of this is higher caloric intake (aka eating more) because I've been really hungry. Hard to feed a justifiably larger appetite without going overboard.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Isn't there also the fact that when you exercise and convert fat into muscle that muscle weighs more than fat, so you can be healthier, but end up heavier? I'm sure I read that somewhere. It's why the height-weight charts are a relatively poor guideline to health.

Apparently every member of the super-fit, highly trained atheletes that are the Enland Rugby Team, would all come out as clinically obese on the height-weight chart.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home