Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Running for Jesus

Alright. I'm decided. For Lent this year, I'm giving up not running for an hour every day until Easter. Except Sundays. Or Thursdays. Depends on the week.

Hmmm. That doesn't really sound right. Lacks a certain something.

OK, I still need to work on the phrasing, but you get the idea. This morning I popped out of bed and ran for an hour straight without stopping.

OK, that's not right either. That's what I meant to do, but it is my wife's birthday, so I was busy being a good husband (OK, a passable husband). My inaugural run will have to wait until this evening after the kids go to bed. Yes, I know I shouldn't leave my wife alone for an hour on the evening of her birthday, but it's not my fault she was born on Ash Wednesday. I'll be a better date on her birthday than I was the year I gave up caffeine, and set a better example at Easter services than the year I gave up beer (Hey, Lent ends at midnight where I come from).

New Kn-ig-its
Welcome to Sir Squishy and Sir Pork in Boots . Both knights have been at this for a bit and are on their way. Sir Squishy has recently embarked on a quest to avoid temptation in the land named "McDonald's" for 59 days. Should be finished right around Easter. His site is also a nice source of inspirational and humorous quotes. Sir Pork in Boots just started a very intense exercise regimen. I had to take a 10 minute break after reading the thing I was so exhausted. I hope you can make it through to Day 3, and yes, pigs do sweat.

I YAM what I YAM
Lord Lessimore posted recently to note the end of his first Year At maintenance weight. His example continues to inspire me and make me think that I may some day get to and STAY AT a healthy weight.

There has also been a comment sighting of Sir Howling Belly. He has been accosted by the mysterious Mr. Mojo. More on this as the story develops.

4 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

Hi, I so need to join you before the winter's over. I have recently got almost tubby. The trouble is I love my wine as I expect you saw and I drink about a bottle a day. ( ow- that's me admitting it on the blogs.) If my wine's inside me I'm fine, but of course it then impinges my calorific descisions.... I must be slim again before summer x :-) I would ideally like to lose s tone, so consider me on board x

1:15 PM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Yep, I am big fan of wine and beer as well. I did OK losing the first 15 or so without cutting back on it, but I had to forego for a bit in Jan to get a little momentum.

Your title? "Lady FJL"? The chivalrous and feminine "Ser FJL"? I will list you as Esquire until you dub yourself.

1:58 PM  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

A very enjoyable post! I like the humor and the knightly updates. I also am soooo glad to be a part of supportive group and also very happy to see if expanding. Thanks Sir Chubalot.

2:03 PM  
Blogger fjl said...

Lady will do. It's along time since my ancestors had the title though. Still, once they did, which is more than many socalled ripperologists can say ;-) we do like our wine though. I will add you to my blogroll today, I have to add DitchMonkey aswell.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home