Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Making a Holiday Plan

I made my October weigh in last Sunday. I was a good 1 lb under, but I was wearing shorts and hadn't eaten yet that day. No major spikes in October though; I was within shouting distance of 172 morning weight all month.

I'd kinda like to see a weight that starts '16'. 169 would be good enough. It's a nice idea, but it would take something resembling real effort, and it would just be wasted with the holidays coming up. It'll have to wait.

Holiday Plan
---------------
1) Weigh in sometime before Thanksgiving
2) Eat like a drunken sailor on leave on Thanksgiving
3) Try to return to goal weight by mid-Dec. The longer I wait the better
4) After December weigh-in, throw all caution to the wind and eat like I am fattening up for nuclear winter.
5) Jan 15 -- asses damage

It's not the healthiest plan in the world, but it is ... honest.

5 Comments:

Blogger ArleneWKW said...

A drunken sailor fattening up for nuclear winter, that's a rather horrid picture. Somehow I can't erase the image of him hurling it all overboard.
Is your body still equipped for such massive eating? In any case,
enjoy . . .

12:03 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Please tell me you meant 5) assess damage. If not... ouch!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I've got to be more cautious this Xmas. I thought it wouldn't be a problem last year and that come January I would continue the downward trend, but this whole year has been as much as battle as last year, only this time I've only lost about 18lbs rather than 75.

I fear I can't risk another 7lb gain because it could take all year to lose it.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The last time I visited my sister I gained 10 pounds in 5 days. I'm determined not to let that happen this time, so I'm going to cook my own low-carb dishes so I won't have as much trouble passing up the potatoes and pies and such.

That's Thanksgiving. Christmas will be at home and I'll be in control of what I eat.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

nice post

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home