Monday, October 09, 2006

Most impressive result yet!

I got the results back from my cholesterol test last Friday.

LDL: 130 (thought they said 113 but than doesn't add up to 171)
HDL: 41
Total: 171
Triglicerides(sp?): 80 something

All normal!

I haven't been so surprised by a test result since I passed the AP physics exam. I was all set to bite the bullet and really push hard on diet changes, but it looks like I'm doing pretty good with the changes I've already made. Hell, I would have put money on me being on Lipitor within 3 years (after my diet and exercise changes failed to being the number down).

8 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Wow, Vegas had the over/under right at 200. I'm glad I bet the under!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Shows you why you should never bet on yourself. I would have taken 210.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Great news. Glad to hear it's all heading in the right direction :)

3:37 AM  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

Yaaaaay!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. i avoided your blog for awhile as you are successful and i am not. yay, you!

i am now at my highest weight in years. i'm happy but unfortunately, happy, comfortable, and fat.

here we go again. i signed up at ww and had a last....week of mcdonalds breakfasts. :)

imnotgoingtodieafay.lady.blogspot.com

creative, i know.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and apparently my typing skills are awesome too. why can't i trash my comments like i used to..?

imnotgoingtodieafatlady.blogspot.com
or something like that.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

FYI, your LDL probably is ~113.

Total = LDL + HDL + TriG/5
or
170 = 113 + 41 + 16 (80/5)

Keep up the good work.

PS: What were your starting numbers?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Don't have official starting numbers. I had a fasting test a few years ago, and I think it was around 220. It was high enough for the doctor to suggest I really ought to change my habits but not enough for him to get snitty about it. I had one last year that I think was 240, but it was not fasting (so who knows what that means?)

You're right on the LDL. they sent the official test results to me via mail. It was 113.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home