Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Keep Workin' My Way Back To You, Babe

A little song that the Spinners used to sing to a girl, and I sing to 177 lbs.

Ah yes. It was a nice month away. I can't say I was actually vacationing, but it was nice to be away from work. I did indulge in a vacationer's diet, however. When I returned on July 30, the scales tipped at 184 -- 7 lbs over goal. In all fairness, that was also the day after my 40th birthday. Not a tragedy but clearly some work needs to be done. Back to diet mode.

I've been moderately good with some lapses. Exercise is 3x/week and diet is almost there. This morning the scales were at 181. At this pace, I can make goal weight of 177 by the end of August (when I have to put my fat-ass on a scale at a Weight Watchers meeting). I think I will need to be strict on the diet to drop the last 4 lbs in two weeks.

After that I'd like to just hold the line for a few months. This up and down stuff is a bit tiresome.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Welcome back. I realized yesterday I missed your 40th. Welcome to the club! Also thanks for the book. Depending on my results this weekend I could be lining up for a 50 miler in October. I think that would be about as much as I would want to handle, but maybe I've got a Western States (and/or the Vermont 100) in me one of these days! Never fear, though, there is no way I'd even attempt Badwater. I mean, a guy has to have limits!

2:02 AM  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

Happy Birthday and welcome back.

3:46 PM  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

The up and down stuff definitely sucks. You've been tackling the 7 pound gain early in the process. Good for you. I'm finding that the longer I get off track, the more difficult it is to get on track. I'll be in festival mode very shortly and expect to gain weight. After that, it's back to Weight Watchers for me. Those silly meetings helped me get rid of much weight, and it's time for me to start going again.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

My 40th is in a couple of months. I feel like I should be making preparations now.

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home