Friday, October 28, 2005

Week 12 -3.2

Back on track! [Cue AC/DC]

I managed to take off what I had put on during my "week of plenty" while visting relatives. I wouldn't say I was Spartan about the whole affair, but I was making a good effort. In particular, I have re-started my exercise routine (4x/week 30 minutes) and am keeping to the core program more or less.

In the long run, it's the bread that kills me. Watching it seems to be the single biggest factor. If you've missed it, you might check out this link about the dangers of bread use. Among the more telling statistics is that "more than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours of eating bread". Scarry stuff.

Took a waist measurement this morning --> 36", not too shabby. That's a loss of 5.5".This confirms what I have noticed -- the GDW3P factor is non-existent. In fact, I may have to buy some new pants.

Lessons learned in Week 12

1) A clothing tape measure taking from a knitting bag first thing is the morning is likely to be very cold

2) Coming back to the diet after an absence is difficult. It takes an effort similar to the one it took to get started.

3) It gets no easier to walk by the doughnuts every Friday morning

Weight: 188.2
Net Pounds Lost: -23.0
Waist: 36"

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Glad to read you're back on track!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TsemppiƤ!!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Thank you, ciclista ... I think. My Finnish is a bit rusty.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sancho Pawnza said...

I'm just glad to hear that you didn't have to give back the key-chain!

Congratulations on the return to form.
Pun intended.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice ... combining the diet with the exercise is the best track. Maybe some day I'll get the exercise part down too. :) Way to go!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home