Monday, January 15, 2007

Holiday Plan Achieved

I gained a whopping 7 lbs in December, but it was a hell of a month. Thank goodness I'm off beer, or who knows, I might have gotten into double digits. Jan 3rd I tipped the home scale at 179. Need to take 7 lbs off to get back to 172 on the home scale which usually equates to 177 at Weight Watchers.

It's been hard to get back into the diet swing of things. As of this morning, I'm down to 176.5. Another lb or 2 and I could skate under my goal number by employing the odd wrestler's trick or two. I don't like to make this a habit, but I'm not above weighing in first thing in the morning in shorts when I haven't eaten anything (perhaps even after a run) this month to get by.

I am totally out of the loop with blogs. I will try to get back up to speed in the next couple of days. We have a few new knights to welcome and I want to check in with all the hardy veterans as well. More soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Well I confess to a few Magic Hat Blind Faiths, but otherwise I've been pretty good myself (since the holidays). I'm settling into the routine this winter and feeling pretty good. I've been thinking a lot about primary and secondary motivation in goal setting; primary being the "Ra-Ra let's do it" kind, and secondary being the quiet focused "I'm going to do this" sort. In almost everything I've seen, professional life, competition or weight loss (really anything having to do with setting and keeping longer term goals), our society is dominated too much by the first kind (call it type 'A' motivation?) and not enough type 'B'. Those who are truly successful in their endeavors pay real attention to the type 'B' stuff, which also means blocking out what others say or think, no matter how well intentioned, if it does not help you proceed towards your plan. You, Sir Knight, have acquired that type 'B' skill and become a more self-motivated type of individual and it makes me proud.

Hmmm, sounds kind of like a 'Tim' posting. Well maybe he'll resurface in '07. Last time I saw him he was catching a tan on the gulf coast of Florida.

5:57 PM  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

I'm glad to see a new post from you. I didn't know there was a name for what you describe as the old wrestlers' trick. I guess it's a good way to get in under goal when you're doing a maintenance weigh-in. Ah, the days of maintenance. How I dimly remember them. I wish I'd gotten back on track at the 7 pound above goal weight.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

So are you demoted to "Sir" or are you keeping the title "Lord"?

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home