Monday, May 30, 2016

172 is my shepherd

Today, Monday, I tipped the scales at 176.2 lbs.  Not bad.  I was on a juice fast on Saturday, which meant that yesterday I woke up to a nice 175.  A 1.2 lb bounce back up after a fast is good.  For most of the time since I've been doing this blog, I would have killed to see 176.  That I now view it as a pleasant figure, but nothing to celebrate, is progress. 

Still, I hunt the great white whale, the questing beast, my girth Grendel of 172 lbs.

172 is my shepherd. 
Because of her, I want to want.  She maketh my lie down and go to bed rather than eat Ben & Jerry's.  She leadeth me beside the still diet sodas.

She haunteth my soul.
She leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for my pride's sake.

Yea, though I walk my body into the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art ahead of me.  Thy rod and thy staff, they discomfort me.

She preparest a table before me filled with my enemies.  She annointest my gut; my Wawa cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy will find me someday, and when I dwell in the house of the Lord, He will give me something to eat.


Current Numbers
7 day average:  177.4
30 day average: 178.1


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home