Saturday, September 06, 2014

Day 11 -- Going well

A good week, and I did remind myself several times that I was trying "to be good" and thus prevented some bad food choices.  My daughter takes ballet across town.  When I drive her to class, I have to kill time while class happens.  Frequently, this results in me sitting in a diner snaking on fries (because they don't seem to mind if I sit for 1.5 hours drinking iced tea if I get fries).  This week I went to a coffee shop and sipped coffee for 1.5 hours (with cream -- I'm not trying to be a saint, merely good.  Also, I note that coffee shops seems to lack lingering time limits.  I imagine you could get away with bringing a sleeping bag if you took a sip every 15 minutes or so).  Of course, this mean this meant I had insomnia, but that's a different blog topic.

This slight gesture of control seems do be the "magic key" if such a thing exists in weight loss/control.  Can I structure my life to pull back just a little bit against the tide of "EAT THIS GREAT FOOD NOW !!!!" which seems to pervade our culture?  Is it no wonder that 1/3rd of us are obese?

Unchanged or lost a pound and a half
See this is why the 7 day average rocks.  My weight this morning is 182.4, just what it was last week.  If I was going by the number on the scale, I would have had a week of random ups and downs.  I would have fought to be good all week with the result of "no change".  If being good just keeps my weight the same, it would be hopeless and I would commit weight loss suicide -- a varying process usually involving ice cream and burgers or pizza.

BUT, since I'm tracking the 7 day average, I note that I've actually lost 1.5 lbs since last week.  That's about right.  If I my weight were to stay exactly the same for another week, I would  "lose another pound" even with unchanged numbers on the scale.

See.  As I tell all my middle school students, "Math is important".

Current Numbers 
Starting Weight: 185.9
Current Weight: 183.4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home