Monday, September 21, 2009

Week 8 -- Minus 3

Now that's more like it!

I've been hovering around 174 all week, and then I blew it on Sat night. I went over to a friend's house and played board games (because I'm a geek) until the wee hours of the morning. I managed to avoid the bowl of peanut M&M's (because I have a will of iron) but not the salt n' vinegar chips (because I have feet of clay). I was up on Sunday morning, and I thought I might have to stare at 176 on Monday morning (yet again).

The fat gnomes came and took away some butter in the night, and I was a svelte 173 this morning. Ironically, my goal for next Monday is 174. To mathematically minded, it would appear that my goal is to gain a pound. In fact, this would appear to be my goal even to those whose math skills have been described as "strong in English". But I think the 173 is a false low brought on by over-zealous calorie counting yesterday (aka starvation). That stuff tends to rebound, so 174 will be plenty peachy for next Monday.


Starting Weight: 183.5
Current Weight: 173.0
Goal Weight: 172.0

1 Comments:

Blogger ArleneWKW said...

I love the humorous tone with just the right dash of stark realism - that 173 may indeed be a mirage. Some day I may again see 173 and then cruise further down the path with 173 in my rear view mirror. A foray into food insanity brought back some lbs., but the view ahead is crystal clear.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home