Saturday, March 19, 2011

Back on the plan for a bit

Been a while since I visited the blog. I've actually spent most of the intervening time closer to 178 than my current stout 182.5. I'm still not particulary satified with my diet or exercise habits, but it's been generally OK.

Just recently though, the clothes have started to get tight again, and I've been feeling overweight. Time to get the diet religion for a while. I think I'm going to adopt the don't eat like a chowderhead diet for a time being. I'd sort of like to get down to 172, but it will take some moxie that I'm not entirely sure I want to put into it.

My biggest concern continues to be my relationship with food. To some degree, the consumption covers something else. I'm eating not to feel or to distract from emptiness. For this reason, I decided to fast today (I also wanted to clear the pipes a bit). It seems that fasting is a pretty bad idea diet -wise, but it has been an intersting exercise will-wise. About 6 gigillion times today, I've thought "I'm hungry; I need to eat". Remembering that I am fasting today has then brought a strange sense of relief. It's nice not to have to worry about it or fight it for a day.

I'm also pretty hungry and will be happy to eat something tomorrow morning.


Current Weight: 182.5
Goal Weight: 172.0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home